This in not a mandatory list. It has been formed with the
collaboration of the faculty and students. The books listed here reflect the
most commonly used books by the students; however, you are not limited to
them solely. The best way to see if you like a particular book is to go to
your near by Medical School bookstore and review the book there. If you
happen to come upon a book that is not listed here and you seem to like it,
then by all means buy it.
There is an Intermediate version of Robbins edition 7th, but the professor swears by
the full version)
is no one book for this class. Students buy specific titles for each
- McPhee. Pathophysiology of Disease. 3rd Edition. ISBN 0-8385-7678-0
(Professor recommends it but not necessarily covers everything. The
book is very dry to read and at times not everything is clearly
- Longenecker. High Yield Acid-Base. ISBN 0-683-30393-7
OR Preston. Acid-Base, Fluids, and Electrolytes Made Ridiculously
- Koeppen and Stanton. Mosby Physiology Monograph Series: Renal
Physiology. 3rd Edition. ISBN 0-323-01242-6 ( there are also
other subjects from this series, however, not reviewed by students)
- Shayman. Lippincotts Pathophysiology Series: Renal
Pathophysiology,the Essentials. ISBN 0397513720 (you
can also invest into other titles within the series)
- Lilly. Pathophysiology of the
Heart. ISBN: 0781740274
- West. Pulmonary Pathophysiology: the Essentials.
5th ed. ISBN: 0683302256
(There is a full version of Katzung for
- Janeway, Travers, and Walport. Immunobiology.
- Levinson and Jawetz. Medical Microbiology and
Edition. ISBN 0-8385-6410-0
- Clancy. Basic Concepts in Immunology: A students survival
- Fadem. Behavioral Science: Board Review Series. 3rd edition. ISBN 0683306812
Obtain a large reference book with clinical disease symptoms and physical
examination or a small pocket book to carry with you in the hospital.
There are many choices out there not just the ones listed here.
- Braunwald, et al. Harrisons Internal Medicine.
15th Ed. ISBN 0070072728 (there is
a one volume or two volume version, not sure which one this ISBN
number applies to)
- Seidel. Mosby's Guide to Physical Examination (With CD-ROM).
- Bickley. Bates' Pocket Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking.
- Harrisons Internal Medicine Pocket Companion. ISBN
|PUBLIC HEALTH / EPIDEMIOLOGY / HYGIENE
- no books listed and class notes
Continuation of First Aid from first year with the book obtained in
Poland, Poznan or Pick a copy of ACLS manual from home or
purchase on the internet.
- Glaser. High Yield
Biostatistics.2nd ed. # ISBN: 078172242X